I have two types of deviled eggs to share….. Read more
Colorful & healthy appetizers are always center of attraction in any parties… Read more
One of my most requested recipe…… Read more
Hosting a party is something to do and manage a lot & above all it’s full fun time. Life here is all about friends & they are the only one we can explore with. This was our first party in our new house & I would like to share with you my routine of preparation either it’s a big or small party.
- I made a friends list those who are invited. Mingling friends to each other especially new friends in the group, keep engaged with others or by our-self or include them in some work for help etc. is the most important thing to be managed throughout the party, bring friends together those who have something in common to talk/interest that creates a lively environment and nobody get bored. We had lot of kids here, put some toys/games, give them a nice space & let them enjoy in their own world, along with that make sure they all are safe.
- 2 weekends prior I started preparing the menu, yep, 2 weekends are too long, it’s just because I don’t do driving so I completely depend on my husband for the shopping. First of all divided my menu to veg and non veg & decided the dishes for each category from drink to dessert. Expecting few kiddy foods will be a great idea.
My simple menu:- Drink- Mixed fruit punch, Appetizers- Deviled eggs/Cucumber bites/Parmesan baked carrots, Main course- Veg puloa/Chappathi, Side dish- Butter chicken/Malai kofta, Fresh salad, Dessert- Cheesecake, For kids- Musketeers nutty cookies/Oats n’ Honey energy bars ( I made these in my 2 week preparation as it can stay long and don’t wanna mess up with all in last moment).
Recipes will be publishing soon.
- A weekend prior to the party clean up the entire house once, the bedrooms, bathrooms(including vanities, faucets, mirrors), closets, kitchen (cabinets, organizing counter-tops, arrange refrigerator and find some space in), and of course you might have to do cleaning again previous day to the party (especially if kids are there) but still it won’t take much time as you did a good job before.
- I slightly decorated my house, it’s not a function am having but still kids are coming over so let them have some fun. Blown balloons, used some crepes, which is bought from dollar tree & no need to spend money unnecessarily if it doesn’t make any difference from where you buy.
- Bought some disposable plates, glasses, spoons etc, as I don’t wanna spend time in cleaning up them after the party.
- I planned to give a small return gifts to all (optional). Packed and arranged them in a beautiful way, packed in pyramid shape which was easy & little time consuming work but worth all the effort.
We really enjoyed the party & I hope our friends too had a great time here. I got great comments for my food, hope they all enjoyed that too. Everyone where pretty much engaged with all which I was specifically looking for, I don’t want anybody to get a feel of loneliness or getting bored. In every space whenever I go, I find somebody talking to each other which was a visual treat for me in our house. Kids were really enjoying, running all around clamoring. Thanks to all our dear friends for joining us!!!
I always prepare something for snacks & store them for my little. I never kept any store bought stuffs except cheese gold fish & chocolates. For growing kids, maximum try to bring the healthy combination of nutrients together in a single food. Stocks are over & empty boxes can’t stay for long in my kitchen shelves, prepared a recipe and ready for next batch of cookies. Read more
Finished my works & waiting for Binson, Ayden was busy watching his favorite toy videos. I was taking few steps indoor and suddenly this wonderful view attracted my attention. Soon I grabbed my camera, opened the door & captured this amazing beauty.
As I entered back home, Ayden was ready on sofa to take his photos & I took few of his expressions.
Hope you guys enjoyed this Gorgeous Sunset Beauty…..
Simple breakfast has 2 benefits especially on weekends; more sleep & breakfast on time. There is not fat added (as coconut) even though it’s soft and crumbly as authentic puttu. Try this easy healthy recipe & eat the breakfast like a King. Read more
The beautiful yellow cakes with black beads on top were always my attraction among those fried savory spicy snacks & the question raised in me was “Don’t these yellow sweet cake seems odd among the other snacks?”. Once, while our evening walk Dad bought that for me & my question got cleared, it’s Dhokla a Gujurati (state in India) dish which has all the beauty of a fluffy cake. We got settled in Kerala, and unfortunately forgot those dishes. Few years back I went to Mumbai for my internship & stayed with my mema (mother’s sister) in the weekends. She is such a caring loving person, even she is a working women, busy with kids… somehow she finds time to cook something special or my favorites for me & after long time I had this Dhokla when my mema prepared, In a first bite itself, it bought all those Mumbai memories to me & Thanking once again mema.
There are different types of Dhokla, depending on their ingredients. Dhokla is basically made of rice and chickpeas while Khaman Dhokla is made of only chickpeas/chickpea flour ( made instantly by adding more baking soda to make it fluffy when compared to Dhokla).
We all love Dhokla. Try the recipe & let everyone explore the taste of yummy Khaman Dhokla…. Read more
I am crazy about all chocolate flavored desserts, even chocolate & used to eat them with so much of greed & Binson always asks me “why these women are so fond of chocolate?”
Do you have the same opinion?
Anyways, it’s true in my case & as usual I question him in reply “why you guys are so fond of beef and chicken?” He stops the conversation right there….
I was a person like that, but no more crave towards desserts, may be it’s because of him, he brainwashed me by keep on telling don’t eat too much sweets, not good for health…. blah blah blah…. & the quantity got really reduced, actually I should thank him. Even though I like desserts & that’s what the healthy way of eating. We can eat whatever we want until we are eating in a good quantity, or else our body might ask us to restrict our favorite food which is more and more difficult thing. Avoiding something completely from our diet/daily menu is very hard, so maximum try to make our diet healthy or the way of eating or the selection of foods or consuming in a controlled portion size. I don’t want to let you guys down, keep all these in mind and enjoy your favorite dish with your loved ones, in a while. Read more